Friday, November 16, 2012

Shopping Smart

I've decided to create a segment on my blog that focuses on tips and tricks I have learned over the years to save on the best clothes and labels out there. As a clothes horse, I have come to learn that there are many ways to get great deals on the clothes that I love to wear. I hope you all enjoy my smart shopper tips and are able to put them to good use!

As some of you have probably realized from my blog, Anthropologie and Kate Spade are two of my favorite places to shop. The one downside? They can be very pricey; however I've found a couple of ways to get around paying the high prices as these two stores put a lot of their items on sale. It requires being patient and to keep track of the items you are interested in, but if it's something you truly want, you will make it work and if not, then it's a good thing you didn't buy it at full price.

Kate Spade



I absolutely adore and obsess over Kate Spade. Their clothes and accessories are the epitome of chic and cheeky in my opinion, but it's tough to own a lot of Kate Spade when you are on a budget. After lusting over many items online and subscribing to their email list, I found out that they have their online sample sale about every two months, which has major discounts - I'm talking up to 75% off! Kate Spade tends to do themed lines every couple of months and needs to clear out inventory for their new themed purses, clothes and accessories. You wont be able to find classics like their wedding accessories and shoes or anything that is not seasonal, but for many other items they are often listed on the sale! I have been able to score two very nice purses for over 50% off the original price this way! Kate Spade emails out the link to  enter the online sale or if you like them on Facebook, they will often post the link to the sale as well!



Anthropologie



I kept going into Anthropologie and finding clothes that I had purchased marked down, which is the worst! After a while I decided to start taking down the style number in my notes on my iphone and keeping tabs on the items. Anthropolgie's website has a majority of their store items online, which makes it easy to see when it goes on sale. Even better, they often do 30% off sales on their sale items, which makes an even bigger difference! The trick is to keep the style number and your size and to call their 1-800 line to see which stores have it in stock, call the store and have the store ship it to you. Many stores actually ship for free (Anthropologie has Nordstrom level customer service!) which is even better. That's how I scored my new trench and two new pairs of shoes!

Just recently I was able to buy my trench for $65 (originally $168) and two pairs of shoes for $39.99 each (originally $178 and $158!). All three were definitely worth the wait!




1 comment: