Saturday, September 14, 2013

New York Fashion Week

While I thought I was ready for Fall, looking at all of the beautiful garments on display during fashion week made me excited for what is to come in Spring 2014! I absolutely loved viewing all of the beautiful fashions online and found several trends that I am looking forward to wearing next year and even some I will be incorporating this Fall and Winter! You can see all of the looks on popsugar.com.

NYFW Greens

There were several shows that I found myself loving almost every piece that came down the runway. One of these was Kate Spade, which is no surprise as I love the mix of preppy feminine fashion with bright, cheery colors and fabrics. Kate Spade always does a superb job of balancing these elements and it shows in the spring line. I love the chic tailoring and silvery shimmer seen in these fabrics and cuts. These combined elements allow for a lady-like allure. I wish I could snag the pink coat sooner as I would love to wear it through December, as it would allow me to brighten up those cold, dreary days with some warmth.

NYFW Prints
Designers: Alice + Olivia / Clover Canyon / JCrew /  Clover Canyon / JCrew
Prints have been the rage this past year and I am excited to see even more on the runway for spring! The use of vibrant colors paired with pastels makes the outfit stunning and sophisticated. It probably comes as no surprise that I have fallen in love with two of JCrew's printed pieces as they are one of my favorite stores to shop at. I also discovered a new designer (at least to me), Clover Canyon. The Clover Canyon show was a lot of fun to view since there were many neat prints and great color palettes on the pieces! 

Designers: Prabal Gurung / Tory Burch / Tory Burch / J. Mendel / Oscar de la Renta
Emerald was this year's Pantone Color of the Year and I'm happy to report that greens are not going anywhere. This color can be unexpected and screams spring. I personally believe that there is a green that flatters everyone and it's a great way to brighten up a fun, flirty dress. I am pleased to see that we will be seeing more greens in Spring 2014.

NYFW Neutrals
Designers: Alice + Olivia / J. Mendel / Nanette Lepore / Rebecca Taylor
Neutrals tend to be a constant for winter and spring and it was interesting to see how the designers interpreted this look for Spring. The common theme was to add a little edge or masculine elements to the look. Another way the designers avoided looking too feminine was by using clean lines, as seen in the J. Mendel dress. Neutrals and lace are gorgeous, but the look is even better when it isn't too sweet.

NYFW Black and White
Designers: J. Mendel / Proenza Schouler / DVF / Prabal Gurung / Alice + Olivia
One of my favorite looks from this year's NYFW was black and white. It's very chic and classic and is best worn in winter and spring. The designers are pairing this look with interesting prints and shapes to keep it fresh. These looks are timeless, flattering and far from boring. 

What were some of your favorite looks from fashion week?

No comments:

Post a Comment