Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Red Carpet Review: The Emmy's


As the seasons turn to fall and winter, I become extremely excited for all the award shows…aka the red carpets! I covet the beautiful gowns that the stars wear to these big events and I also have those moments where I cringe at the crime committed on the red carpet!

With that said, the early beginnings of the red carpet season has begun and it was sadly disappointing overall. I felt deflated after watching E! and looking at photos online as I felt that the fashion was quite tepid. 


I did have a several favorites that did stand out from the crowd. I was shocked that I gravitated to darker colors instead of the bright gowns this year, but several of these were so clean and chic! Here is my top five of the night:



I was surprised when I found myself lusting over Jessica Pare’s white gown and black belt. The look was beautiful and I loved the pop of color with her green ring and her red lips!

Julia Louis-Dreyfus looked FAB in her gown and loved that she was incorporating this fall’s color trend while still looking elegant. Even better, Louis-Dreyfus won for best actress in a comedy. If you have not watched Veep yet, I highly recommend!!
Kerry Washington’s Vivienne Westwood dress was by far one of my top favs of the top five!  She looked glamorous, yet effortless, which is a total success in my book!

Zosia Mamet’s  Bihbu Mahopatra gown was exactly what I wanted to see on the red carpet! I loved it’s minimalist feel, yet it had exquisite details and cuts - I could not get enough! Perfect fit for one of the stars on HBO’s Girls!

Of course G, Giuliana Rancic, made my top five. Rancic truly knows how to dress for the red carpet and it showed yet again in her Rafael Cennamo gown. 





Notably missing: Sophia Vergara. Vergara looked fabulous, but I’m dying to see a different silhouette on her. She did not make the best dressed list because I’ve seen this dress before! Also missing, Heidi Klum. I’m very torn on her dress. She looked absolutely stunning (talk about breakup revenge!) but I could have done without one of her slits in the dress. I was a little nervous that she would have a wardrobe malfunction. Otherwise, loved it!

Biggest disappointment: Emily Thorne's dress. Thorne's dress could have made my top five; however I felt that the fit on the top was completely off and did not do her justice. I wish she would have had this tailored to fit better because it ruined a beautiful look.

What did all of you think of the Emmy’s this year? Did you feel that the fashion fell flat or did the show make you even more excited for red carpet season?



1 comment:

  1. Totally agree! i was bored with most of the looks too. And just like you, I wish Sofia Vergara would branch out a bit! I loved Heidi's dress, but her hair threw it off for me. And totally agree with Emily's dress. My eyes went straight to her ill-fitting boobs. :O

    check out my blog for my picks!
    www.415bond.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete